Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer - NC Programmer - GibbsCam in Lexington, Kentucky
Description: Works under general supervision to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Works proficiently in a production environment, reading technical documents, supporting process reviews, and communicating at multiple levels within the organization. Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Primary responsibilities generating and updating CNC Programs.
• Provides manufacturing floor support for multiple Special Operations Forces platforms.
• Provides technical support for manufacturing personnel and establishing special processes.
• Develops and implements solutions to complex technical problems from design of concept through manufacturing and integration.
• Reviews engineering designs for producibility.
• Develops/optimizes manufacturing processes.
• Identifying tooling requirements.
• Interfaces and coordinates with Design Engineering, Production Control, Quality, and Production
• Knowledge of GibbsCam and machining principles
• Knowledge of engineering drawing interpretation and tolerances.
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• Experience with Development of work centers, lead times, routings, and manufacturing bill of materials.
• Competency in the review of specifications / processes and shop floor liaison support.
• Producibility for manufacturing experience.
• Experience working in an upgrade/retrofit shop environment
• Experience with Teamcenter and Jobscope Engineering software packages
• Tool design experience
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts & techniques.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.