Lockheed Martin Communications Representative Senior - DC3, Public Affairs in Linthicum, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin is honored to be a mission partner with the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) – home to the world’s largest accredited digital forensics lab and the home of the public private partnership that shares cyber threat information with the Defense Industrial Base. Our DC3 program provides a full range of technical, functional, and managerial support. DC3 is located in Linthicum, Maryland, with other office locations in Northern Virginia, and consists of a mix of Government, civilian and contractor support personnel.
This position will support the Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) Director of Staff (DS) in Public Affairs and Communication activities. This includes writing and editing correspondence/articles for dissemination to the DC3 community as well as external cyber customers. This position also includes customer engagement for such activities as: media inquiries, public affairs tasks, speaker requests, conference attendance requests, visit requests, and tour requests. Plan communications to ensure members of DC3 are informed about current issues and policies within DC3 and external supporting agencies. Direct operation of DC3s website and other communications channels. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and conducts internal, community relations, and media relations communications activities. Prepares and releases news for media, arranges, conducts tours, and conducts community relations activities. Researches and writes speeches. Prepares, edits, and distributes public affairs program material. Determines best medium and message content to reach target audiences. Establishes procedures for collecting, evaluating and distributing news and feature items. A writing sample will be requested.
• Public Affairs experienced preferred
• Strong oral and written communications skills including the ability to provide technical editing of material for release to a larger community
• Ability to research, author, and disseminate relevant publications targeted at diverse technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience developing content appropriate for all forms of media from traditional broadcast networks, social media and internal and external facing websites
• Experienced with print and broadcast journalism, to include writing, editing and publishing base newspapers, periodicals, guides, pamphlets, fact sheets, and radio and television scripts.
• Uses audiovisual resources to support public affairs activities.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline oriented environment
• Public Affairs training through DINFOS
•Experience authoring and editing standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, and organizational communications
• Knowledge of Digital and Multimedia Forensics
• Experience with web content management systems
• Experience coordinating meeting/tours/visits
• Basic web development skills
• Understanding of USAF and DoD standards from a compliance perspective
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.