Lockheed Martin Windows Systems Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin is honored to be a mission partner with the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) – home to the world’s largest accredited digital forensics lab and the home of the public private partnership that shares cyber threat information with the Defense Industrial Base. Our DC3 program provides a full range of technical, functional, and managerial support. DC3 is located in Linthicum, Maryland, with other office locations in Northern Virginia, and consists of a mix of Government, civilian and contractor support personnel.
Windows System Administration - building, deploying, upgrading and maintaining Windows 2012/2016 servers on multiple virtual and physical servers. Includes supporting multiple applications and services, providing tier 3 troubleshooting and issue resolution, and integrating technologies using VMWare ESXi, NetApp SANs, Cisco UCS and HP servers.
- Backup and Recovery with Backup Exec
- Windows server 2012/2016 configuration and administration
- Domain and LAN administration
- Active Directory administration, GPO configuration and troubleshooting
- Share and NTFS permission configuration and DFS deployments
- Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, SQL administration,
- Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, SCCM and file server migrations
- Understanding of host network teaming
- Understanding of NAS and SAN protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and FCP
- Monitoring and tracking trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 Compliant (Security + cert)
- Ability to present complicated technical issues with clear easy-to-follow solutions and path forward
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Windows 10 workstation OS and ability to image a workstation.
- Ability to provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution, making independent decisions by performing question/problem diagnosis in a Help Desk environment.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Supporting Outlook messaging issues.
- HP and Cisco server hardware and blades, including, their associated interconnects (SAS, FC, TCP/IP).
- VMware design, configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience in clusters larger than 6 nodes
- NetApp FAS design, configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience with 7-mode and cDOT
- Cisco UCS configuration, and troubleshooting experience
- Monitoring system resource usage and ensuring adequate resources using common industry tools
- Experience maintaining Configuration Management systems and package deployment
- Installation and configuration of MS SQL server
- Experience applying STIG’s and enforcing DoD compliance
- Ability to create PowerShell script to automate redundant tasks
- Experience with Splunk
- Ability to work with limited guidance and as part of a team
- Microsoft and/or NetApp certified
- Understanding of PowerShell and PowerCLI commands and scripting
- Configuring and maintaining WSUS and/or SCCM server
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.