Lockheed Martin Advanced Program Development Sr. Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Senior Program Manager will be accountable for programs and studies within the Advanced Program Development (APD) portfolio and will report to the APD Operations Director within the LM Space Strategy and Business Development organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all phases of program lifecycle are met within contract expectations, including cost, schedule, and technical performance. This Senior PM will build and maintain strategic customer relationships and expand the product line with the customer.
The emerging technologies that are to be implemented in Advanced Programs require the PM to coordinate, leverage and maintain the technical talent across LM Space to ensure delivery of the customer vision and tying capabilities into strategic LM Space technology and new business roadmaps. The PM will monitor and implement appropriate business rhythms and LMC policies / procedures to stay compliant with program management procedures and reviews. The PM will oversee and coordinate work performed by internal functional organizations, as well as subcontractors and in-house production activities. Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to all levels of management.
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
• Proven full spectrum leadership and talent development
• Significant technical and program management experience across multiple missions, including communication systems and sensors
• Commercial and fixed-price experience
• Candidate must have over significant demonstrated CAM experience on complex program, managing multiple cost accounts
• Engineering experience on complex systems
• Proven track record of delivering qualified products on schedule and within budget
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of leadership and enterprise organizations
• Ability to identify and assess Technical, Cost and Schedule risk
• Ability to collaborate across the enterprise for insertion of common products and innovation
• Proven ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, direct customer relationship skills
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Proven leadership with technology development and complex technical issue resolution
• New business capture and demonstrated ability to work with customer to shape program
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills, including interactions with executive leadership
• Cross Business Area program experience
• 5+ yrs of management/leadership experience
• 10+ yrs Systems Engineering experience
• Advanced technology development
• Experience with technology start up companies
• Masters of Science in Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Active TS/SCI or ability to get TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.