Lockheed Martin CAD Designer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity is slated to begin towards the end of 2018 or beginning of 2019.
The candidate will utilize computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, or graphic tools, to prepare and revise engineering drawings for structural and ancillary components, assemblies and installations, from notes and discussions with engineers and Program requirement documents. Contributes technical training and knowledge to design modifications to develop and improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations. Works closely with engineers and gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and prepares concept layouts or sketches for engineering consideration and evaluation. Coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and planning groups, for ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications.
Desired Skills: - Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 drafting standards, including GD&T and tolerance stack-ups.
- Experience using PTC CREO and Windchill/EPDM software
- Understanding of configuration management practices and drawing release processes
- Experience utilizing government and military specifications and standards
- Familiarity with general manufacturing processes including machining, fabrication and assembly.
- Commitment to leveraging new technologies and process improvements
- Additive Manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturability
Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and follow written and verbal direction
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 Year of experience.
- Substantial acquaintance with the general aspects and technical phases of Mechanical design.
- Good understanding of standard engineering drafting practices and industry standards.
- Demonstrated modeling and drafting experience utilizing CAD software tools
- Good understanding of Product Data Management (PDM) practices and software tools
- Familiarity with creating drawing trees using Microsoft Office tools
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization and task management practices
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.