Lockheed Martin CNC Machinist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Perform multiple in shop roles including programming, tool selection, part set-ups.
• Maintain and operate numerous shop machines including manual mills, manual lathes, computer numerically controlled (CNC) mills, and lathes.
• Use MasterCAM to program, select tools and operations.
• Set-up CNC equipment and verify part conformance to either blue prints or engineering models.
• Monitor operation of CNC equipment, inspect parts using micrometers, calipers, and surface plate inspection equipment; making necessary adjustments to offset to maintain parts quality throughout the run.
• Typically has 1 year of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience creating efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM.
• Shop level knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Align appropriate cutting tools for programmed operations.
• Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut.
• Proficient in CNC equipment setup using best shop practices.
• Capable of manually operating machine shop equipment.
• Able to work independently with little supervision.
• Knowledge of machine shop inspection tools.
• Skilled in operating manual mills and lathes
• Programming from 3D models.
• Ability to program 3D toolpaths.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.