Lockheed Martin CNC Machinist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Perform multiple in shop roles including programming, tool selection, part set-ups.
• Maintain and operate numerous shop machines including manual mills, manual lathes, computer numerically controlled(CNC) mills, and lathes.
• Use MasterCAM to program, select tools and operations.
• Set-up CNC equipment and verify part conformance to either blue prints or engineering models.
• Monitor operation of CNC equipment, inspect parts using micrometers, calipers, and surface plate inspection equipment; making necessary adjustments to offset to maintain parts quality throughout the run.
• Typically has 0-3 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience creating efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM.
• Ability to program 3D toolpaths.
• Advanced knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Knowledge of material properties and machining characteristics.
• Align appropriate cutting tools for programmed operations.
• Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut.
• Proficient in CNC equipment setup using best shop practices.
• Capable of manually operating machine shop equipment.
• Advanced knowledge of machine shop inspection tools.
• More than 10 years of hands on machining experience with CNC machine tools.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
*These skills while highly desired are not required*
• Graduate from accredited technical institution with associate degree in machining technology.
• Wire EDM programming and operation.
• Operation of manual Jib Bores.
• Experience with material characteristics and machining on a variety of materials including aluminum, titanium, stainless steels, high temp alloys, and a variety of plastics/composites.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.