Lockheed Martin Communications Lead: Satellite Ground Systems and Commercial Satellites in Littleton, Colorado
We’re looking for a strategic, motivated PR pro to tell the story of Lockheed Martin’s innovation in space ground systems and commercial satellites. This position will create integrated PR and marketing campaigns in three key areas:
• End-to-End Integration: There’s more to space than satellites. Truly powerful space capabilities are the result of the integration of satellites, ground stations, network systems, and end user applications. You’ll create communications plans that define the value Lockheed Martin delivers for end-to-end space networks.
• Artificial Intelligence: Machine learning and AI have the potential to transform satellite ground operations. As satellites create and deliver oceans of data for analysts on the ground, you’ll tell the story of how Lockheed Martin is applying advanced technologies to make those ground stations smarter, faster and more efficient.
• Commercial Satellite Transformation: Lockheed Martin is developing revolutionary new satellite technology and production innovations to make tomorrow’s commercial satellites more flexible and cost-effective. You’ll create and execute communications plans to market that technology to new customers and support our current commercial programs.
This position will report to the Director of External Communications for Lockheed Martin Space, and will work in partnership with program and line of business leaders to create high-impact communications strategies.
The two lines of business this position will support are Mission Solutions, which creates integrated satellite ground systems, and Communications Systems, which produces commercial communications satellites.
Key Responsibilities: • Work with business leaders, marketing communications experts and graphic designers to create and deliver strategic communications campaigns for technology areas listed above. • Lead communications for major activities such as rocket launches, new business pursuits, and new product announcements. • Serve as media spokesperson for both the Mission Solutions and Communications Systems lines of business. Advise line of business leaders on communications strategy. • Support trade shows and marketing events.
Basic Qualifications • Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Journalism, Communications, Public Relations)
• 5+ years relevant experience in PR and/or marketing communications
• Excellent writing and communications skills
Desired skills • Experience in media relations with trade, technology and national outlets
• Experience in marketing communications channels including social media, advertising and brand journalism
• Experience in space, aerospace or technology domains
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado