Lockheed Martin Digital Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a talented, highly motivated Digital Systems engineer to join the development of the next generation RF digital payloads. The RF Staff Systems Engineer will work closely with system architects to understand key requirements and mature pre-market solutions. Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing design concepts and technical baselines for payload communications processors and satellite controllers
• Developing payload subsystem-level requirements and interface definitions
• Conducting payload design trades, including potential source identification/selection through formal Requests for Information
• Perform analysis and decompose system level performance requirements to verifiable allocated subsystems/components requirement. Perform analysis to size computing/Digital signal processing/FPGA resources needed to implement the functionality specified to the subsystem.
• Creating technology maturation and risk reduction plans for critical payload elementssatellite subsystems
• Supporting proposal development activities for objective payload systems
This position may require domestic travel as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR) and allocate functions down to subsystems and hardware/software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers. Ability to write technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proficiency in relevant analytical tools (e.g., MATLAB, XXX)
- Experience with satellite communications technologies and waveforms, including DVB-S/2
- Working knowledge of current US DoD Protected Satellite Communications (i.e., Milstar/AEHF)
- Experience developing Analog/Digital interfaces
- Experience with full-life cycle of ASIC/FGPA development including Register Transfer Level (RTL) hardware descriptive languages (IE VHDL, Verilog)
-Experience performing software source lines of code (SLOC) estimates based on requirements
- Prior satellite communications design experience
- Proven ability to develop analytical modeling and simulation tools/environments
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Active US DoD/IC TS//SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.