Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer, ASIC & FPGA Design in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Location: Littleton, CO
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As an Electronics Engineer, ASIC & FPGA Design , you will be working for the Central ASIC & FPGA Engineering organization on a program as needed.
You will need work or classroom experience in the following ASIC and FPGA design activities:
• Documenting requirements for the design from system level requirements.
• Support development such of the architecture, design, analysis, and test.
• Support technical reviews.
• Support an independent verification team verifying the design.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
Meet Vickie Wall, ASIC & FPGA Design Team Manager
*Ability to obtain SECRET Clearance required for this role.
* This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, ASIC, Application-Specific Integrated Circuits , SoC, FPGA, Field Programmable Gate Arrays, UVM, OVM, VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog, C++, Java, IP cores
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
ASIC/FPGA design experience
*This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
• Experience in the design and verification of FPGA and/or ASIC devices.
• Experience with modern verification methodologies, including UVM and/or OVM. Familiarity with UVM-based functional verification concepts and methodologies, as they apply to design for test.
• Experience in developing FPGAs and/or ASICs for high-reliability applications
including space environments.
• Experience evaluating IP cores from multiple vendors and performing trade studies to determine optimal solution.
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Modelsim or Questasim, Synopsys Synplify Pro, and Libero SoC.
• Experience developing with Xilinx Virtex-5QV, Microsemi antifuse (RTSX and/or RTAX) and SoC (RTG4) devices and Xilinx 7-series or newer devices.
• Experience with AMBA architectures, embedded processors, and IP cores.
• HDL programming experience with VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog.
• Experience with object-oriented programming (e.g. C++ or Java).
• Experience designing and/or verifying high complexity modular architectures.
• Experience using MS office products is preferred.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.