Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer, Circuit Card Designer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Littleton, CO
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This position is the Electronics Engineer for space qualified circuit card assemblies and will span from design and analysis through manufacturing, test and integration. The Electronics Engineer, Circuit Card Designer will lead the updates of designs and analysis and lead build, test and troubleshooting activities of flight electronics hardware. This includes:
• Establishing board level requirements
• Board or box test requirements
• Schematic generation and schematic capture
• Parts selection
• Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) resource allocation
• FPGA design requirements
• Parts stress analysis
• Board worst case analysis
• Board test development
You will work closely with Certified Principle Engineers, Design Leads and other Subject Matter Experts to understand the hardware and systems, and apply circuit design and troubleshooting principles to improve existing electronics hardware.
Ideally, you should have experience with:
• Power distribution and control systems
• Writing test procedures and test reports
• Developing and presenting power electronics presentations at customer reviews.
Having good communication skills and being able to interact with all personnel in the power subsystem team including program management and the customer is a must.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
"To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. "
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineer or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience or coursework in the development and test of analog, digital and/or mixed signal circuit design for missile, spacecraft or aircraft avionics electronics
• Prior experience with electronic board or box design, manufacturing, test and integration
*This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
• Present or past circuit card test experience
• Present or past Certified Principal Engineer experience
• Experience with PCB Design
• Experience with Mechanical/Electrical Packaging
• Space power systems and power electronics experience.
• Leadership of electronic design, manufacturing, test and integration.
• Experience using lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies)
• Knowledge of Electrical Engineering Simulation Tools (such as SPICE)
• Troubleshooting during AI&T electrical operations from previous design or ATLO experience.
• Knowledge of satellite/aerospace design and test principles
• Performed Worst Case Analysis (WCA) on at least one Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design
• Knowledge of card test requirements and process.
• Demonstrated leadership, or willingness to lead
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.