Lockheed Martin Engineering Design Checker in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Primary job responsibility will be to perform document checking functions for mechanical and electronic packaging of avionics and RF engineering drawings and specifications. The selected individual will be required to examine engineering drawings/models and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and practicability; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
Desired Skills: - Understanding and familiarity of Lockheed Martin drafting standards as defined in the Drafting Manual
- Familiarity with Data Set Standards (DSS) and the associated Data Set Ratings (DSR) with a working knowledge of DSR4 and DSR6 requirements
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.41 Digital Product Definition Data Practices
- Interest and experience in training others on design and drawing practices
- CREO experience
- Zuken experience
- Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) experience using the Windchill software
- Familiarity with Industry Standard specifications (NAS, MIL, MS, etc.)
- Familiarity with LM materials and process specifications (MAP, LAC, EPS, LM, etc.).
- Flight hardware and process experience
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM) experience
- Composites or cable harness design and manufacture experience
- Currently certified to check both Drawings and Models
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including structures, mechanisms, materials and analysis
- Approximately 5 years of design and/or manufacturing experience that included the use and interpretation of engineering design drawings
- Familiar with mechanical hardware manufacturing processes
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling and drafting familiarity (Creo, I-Deas, Solid Works, etc.)
- Proficiency with ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary product development teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and customers simultaneously
- Proven capability to execute requirements of drawing and model checking
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.