Lockheed Martin Human Resource Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The individual selected for this Lockheed Martin Space position will have the opportunity to lead a team of Human Resources Business Partners in support of the Space Operations organization. This position will lead a team of approximately 7-10 geographically dispersed Human Resources professionals who primarily support the Program Management organization and Operations employees that are deployed to a program.
As Space focuses on operational excellence this organization provides critical functions to the business. Because of the high visibility and focused responsibility, this HR leadership position will partner with the Programs Management Vice President to make a significant impact on our business.
The HR team led by this position will perform all responsibilities for the function that include, but are not limited to: salary management planning, incentive planning, performance management, talent management, salaried employee relations, coaching, job audit analysis, compensation analysis, workforce planning, HR metrics, training and development, and organizational development. This leader will be responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
A strong capability to anticipate client needs and proactively identify areas for collaboration and integration inside and outside the HR organization, while serving as a coach and confidant to the Program Management Vice President will be required. Ability to advise and collaborate with key stakeholders in the development of the HR Strategic Plan, roll out of key HR initiatives, reporting and communications are a critical part of the role.
The selected candidate will motivate and engage HR employees to perform productively in a team environment, set an example of ethical behavior, have excellent problem solving skills and thrive in an environment of continual change. The ability and willingness to relocate now and for next assignments is desirable. There will also be 10-20% US travel.
The selected individual must:
• Be respected as a trusted advisor, recognized as a change agent and able to act with courage when setting strategic direction and executing all HR solutions and strategies that address business objectives.
• Be responsible for HR business partner operational excellence and enterprise consistency in all client interfaces while managing continual conflicting priorities.
• Create a collaborative team environment while continually modeling personal excellence and full spectrum leadership to ensure the team delivers sustained high quality client support.
• Partner closely with other HRM&O Directors to integrate HRM professionals from LOBs, MFOs and Centers of Excellence (COE) to deliver a cohesive one HR team service delivery model.
• Work closely with HRM leaders of LOB’s and MFO’s to develop long-term strategic human capital plans for their respective organizations.
• Lead, coach and mentor to provide innovative people solutions addressing complex business issues including but not limited to leading change, organizational design, and strategic decision making.
• Partner with peers in COEs to define, develop and deliver all HR processes and strategies for measurable business outcomes.
While this is a leadership position, it is not an executive-level position. The HR Manager will work with a team of forward-thinking professionals. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in varied HR assignments with 3 years of recent HR business partner experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline or equivalent years of experience combined with education or formal training
• Demonstrated experience to organize, manage and integrate multiple geographically dispersed teams and clients successfully
• Demonstrated successful project management experience for large scale activity
• Leadership experience making difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions
• Demonstrated experience leading a change initiative
• Demonstrated experience developing HR professionals
• Able to travel 10-20%
• Strong persuasion and negotiations skills and experience
• A broad human resource background to include functional experience in one or more Centers of Excellence (COE) including staffing, compensation, labor relations and EOP
• Previous assignments operating in a virtual organization
• Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills and executive presence
• Proven ability to move seamlessly from strategy to flawless execution
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong business acumen skills
• Willingness to travel to various US geographic locations where organization has significant responsibility
• Full Spectrum Leader (demonstrated ability to Shape the Future, Build Effective Relationships, Energize the Team, Deliver Results, and Model Personal Excellence, Integrity and Accountability)
• Masters degree, SHRM and LM 21 Green Belt certifications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.