Lockheed Martin Information Systems Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Our employees are the core of everything we do, and they are helping the future arrive. As a leading technology innovation company, our team of over 100,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
This Information Technology position supports the Space Company located at the Lockheed Martin Waterton Facility in Littleton, CO. This is not a telecommuting position. This position provides IT Unix/Linux system administration services including server installation, integration and configuration of the system, as well as the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Instructions (SOI's) in support of Deep Space Programs. This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
Description: Provide System Administration services for the Space IT Unix/Linux environments and requires the following abilities:
• Apply required security patches
• Ability to provide “after hours” and weekend support, as required
• Coordinate alert generation tool downtime for planned outages
• Determine root causes of problems and recommend strategies to prevent recurrences
• Document, install, configure, maintain, and upgrade system software and hardware products per engineering specifications and at the direction of the Civil Space customer
• Manage IT technology refreshes
• Participate in customer reviews requiring server impacts or temporary outages
• Participate in customer system stress tests
• Perform recovery and restoration of servers
• Perform system diagnostics and troubleshoot problems
• Provide support for Disaster Recovery planning, testing and execution
• Work closely with program to outline new IT requirements
• Manage day to day support of the environment, including:
- User account management
- Unix/Linux server and workstation administration
- Hardware and software vendor communication for maintenance/repair/upgrade
- Backup infrastructure management (hardware, software, tape management, etc.)
- Generate system utilization metrics for customer reports
- Security audit logging and system configuration documentation
- Software application installation
- Troubleshooting system issues
- Ability to work in fast paced environment requiring quick turn-around
This position requires US Citizenship.
This position requires a customer background check.
• Linux server administration experience on RedHat operating systems, inclusive of system hardening, system patching, backup/restore, system imaging, log management
• Experience building and troubleshooting hardware/software issues
• Experience upgrading server operating systems, tech refresh, patch management, configuration management, antivirus management, security certificate install and renewal
• Familiarity with rack configurations/installations
• Experience with Data Center Best Practices (including backups, patching, documenting procedures, inventory control, power planning, cooling, rack cable management)
• This position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Ability to pass Customer background check
Demonstrated working knowledge of:
• SGI (Silicon Graphics, Inc) High Performance Computing Hardware/Software Administration
• Redmine Administration or equivalent project management system
• Storage Administration
• Load Balancers
• Federated environments
• Windows 10
• Solaris 10
• Microsoft Server OS (Windows 2012)
• Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
• Agile Processes (Scrum/Kanban)
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Ability to obtain a Sec+ Certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.