Lockheed Martin Information Systems Security Risk Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space (LMS) we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin (LM) employee. LM values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
LMS Cyber Security is looking for an assertive and self-confident Cyber Security professional to partner with the security team, program and government customers to perform as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for Special Access Program (SAP) Information Systems (IS) located at the LM Waterton facility in Littleton, CO. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
The ISSO will oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations. Under general direction, the ISSO carries out technical administration of IS in accordance with internal LM and customer security requirements, primarily Risk Management Framework (RMF). Ability to work independently as well as with this team of analysts. Adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands. Job duties include:
- Auditing of the IS
- Constant upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to network and security events
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Ensures configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline
- Ensures all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advises the ISSM of their security relevance
- Assist and conduct security IS education
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments
- Informs ISSM on technical IS security matters
- Assists in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and Program Managers
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Communicates, implements and manages a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and CPSO
- Implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures together with ISSM and CPSO
- Review and oversee RMF Package authorizations together with ISSM and CPSO
Venture into the world of security that most people know only from headlines and sci-fi movies. Become part of the Cyber Security team at Lockheed Martin-Space. You are meant to make a difference!
• TS/SCI clearance required
• IS auditing experience
• Knowledgeable of operating system security requirements
• Hands on experience with industry standard Information Assurance tools
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, and a quick learner
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills (written and oral)
• Have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Security or relevant discipline and 5 years of relevant work experience or a Masters Degree and 3 years of relevant work experience or equivalent experience/combined education
• Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networking, and UNIX-based operating systems
• In-depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
• Knowledgeable in Solaris/UNIX/Linux command line
• Previous experience working with JSIG requirements and RMF implementation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.