Lockheed Martin Linux Systems Administrator in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Our employees are the core of everything we do, and they are helping the future arrive. As a leading technology innovation company, our team of over 100,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
This Information Technology position supports the Lockheed Martin Space division located at the Waterton Facility in Littleton, CO. This position provides Linux system administration services to classified environments such as server and workstation installation, system integration and configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Install, configure, and maintain Linux operating systems
• Configure Linux operating systems to meet ICD503 security requirements
• Deploy/relocate Linux workstations in desk/board office space
• Perform periodic audits of system security settings
• Create/manage Linux user accounts and security groups – includes password maintenance
• Coordinate hardware repair activities
• Perform periodic inventory of assigned IT assets and update IT asset management database
• Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems/issues
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Ability to obtain an SCI clearance and pass a polygraph
• Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT certification (i.e. Network+, Security+, CISSP, or CASP) within 6 months from start
• Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux system administration
• Ability to troubleshoot Linux systems
• Customer support or service delivery experience
• Active Top Secret or SCI clearance (investigation within 5 years) at hire
• Knowledge and understanding of LDAP
• Knowledge/understanding of SAN/NAS storage
• Scripting Experience i.e. Perl, Korn Shell, Bourne Shell
• Knowledge/understanding of VMWare
• Familiarity with Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Chef, and Ansible)
• Security hardening, audit logging and system configuration
• Software application installation (COTS/FOSS)
• Backup infrastructure management (hardware, software, tape management, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.