Lockheed Martin Linux Systems Administrator in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Our employees are the core of everything we do, and they are helping the future arrive. As a leading technology innovation company, our team of over 100,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Come join us on Special Programs as we partner with the U.S. intelligence community to navigate the ever-changing global landscape. If you love all things space and get excited about the prospect of building premiere spacecraft for our customers, then Special Programs is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters.
This Information Technology position supports the Lockheed Martin Space division located at the Waterton Facility in Littleton, CO managing multiple Linux instances running VMWare. Will work with site personnel to maintain backups and optimize near real-time performance requirements. Will ensure current patching for security and bug fixes are maintained, and provide advice for patching schedules and outages. Other responsibilities include guiding the successful completion of major system enhancements and overseeing several aspects of all development activities. Will coordinate between the organization and the customer to gather requirements and priorities for the program. The team is currently poised to advance new technologies and position the organization for new business. Experience is needed with:
• domain knowledge in VM installation,
monitoring, system administration, partitioning, replication, load balancing, and performance tuning.
• Compliance and vulnerability remediation
• Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence
• Document, install, configure, maintain, and upgrade system software and hardware products
• Support IT technology refreshes
• Perform recovery and restoration of servers
• Perform system diagnostics, troubleshoot problems, system documentation
• Provide support for disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
• Work closely with programs to define new hardware/software requirements
• Opportunity to lead a Linux system administration team
• Candidate must have an active Top Secret Security clearance (investigation within 5 years) with the ability to obtain an SCI
• IAT Level 2 or 3 certification (Security+, CASP, CISSP, or equivalent)
• Extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Experience with VMware vSphere installation, configuration, and management
• Experience with configuration and management of LDAP (Lighweight Directory Access Protocol)
• Experience with configuration, management, and using PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) authentication services
• Experience with scripting
• Knowledge of Linux security hardening
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Knowledge of configuration management tools and software deployment
• Ability to troubleshoot issues arising from the OS and network
• Setup and manage Storage Area Network (SAN)
• Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive work project schedules
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Software application installation
• Experience with Windows Server
• Experience working in a teaming/collaborative environment
• Experience working proposals for new business
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.