Lockheed Martin Manager - Quality Assurance Engineering in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to an exciting future!
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We have an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineering Manager at our Littleton, CO location. You will be supporting our Navigation Systems Quality Assurance efforts within Space Operations. We invite you to join the team in keeping this nation and our allies secure and enjoy a career with tremendous impact beyond any one individual. We offer you rare career opportunities and challenges in a program with a rich history and exciting future.
Your role as QA Engineering Manager will include:
o Supervise, lead, & direct the Denver-Site Program Quality Engineers & Quality Inspectors in the design, fabrication, assembly, integration, & test of multiple Spacecraft and EGSE/MGSE (Electrical Ground Support Equipment/ Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
o Interface with the LM Space subcontract management teams to ensure quality requirements are driven into the Statement of Work (SOW) and vendor surveys (3001) to the suppliers, sub-contractors, & vendors, as well as helping to ensure those QA requirements are met.
o Interface with ATLO management, QA management, & Program management to provide production planning, Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) processes, concepts of operation, and defining roles and responsibilities.
o Interface daily/weekly with customers to present current status & respond to any customer concerns.
o Lead Navigation Systems Quality teams to ensure preparations for ISO 9001 & AS9100 that will lead to no findings or observations in internal and external audits.
o Continuously review process methods, procedures, process performance trends, etc., develop, and deploy corrective and preventive actions to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and / or reliability.
o Lead the assessment of program readiness to proceed into manufacturing and test operation milestones by presenting readiness status in MRR’s & TRR’s.
o Enable team of leads and Quality Engineers & Quality Inspectors to fulfill the quality organization's goals by communicating, flowing down direction, energizing, and providing opportunities for training, growth, rotations, and mentoring.
o This position influences program performance and drives quality into all areas through all program phases with an independent focus on Quality and Mission Assurance.
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
Your success in this role will require the following:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• 10 years of technical experience in a related discipline (e.g. Quality Engineering, System Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing, Integration & Test).
• 5 years leadership experience in a related discipline (e.g. Quality Engineering, System Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing, Integration & Test).
• Experienced with Peer Review (PR), Quality Material Review Board (QMRB) and subject matter expert in executing test planning, hardware processing, and non-conformance processing including root cause analysis and corrective action development.
• Knowledge of SAP/ERP.
• Knowledge of Quality systems/processes and knowledge of external quality standards such as ISO9001 and/or AS9100.
• Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experienced in developing & presenting space vehicle build data and non-conformance metrics and trends to internal and external customers, in both written and oral presentations.
• Travel, though infrequent, may be required for this position in order to support program objectives.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance (and COMSEC) and US Citizenship is required.
• Ability to work well in an environment with challenging requirements and dynamic schedules.
• Experience making Preliminary Review / Material Review Board decisions.
• Current MRB certification.
• Experience with US Military customers, especially the USAF Space Command.
• Currently hold a minimum Secret Level clearance and COMSEC, or currently hold Interim Secret Level clearance with the ability to obtain full Secret clearance and COMSEC.
• Experience in electrical systems test, and EEE Parts, & Reliability Analyses.
• Experience in mechanical hardware and system design, assembly and test.
• Experience in establishing quality assurance performance metrics for identifying process improvement.
• Ability to use metrics and other means to critically assess organization, measure performance, and take corrective action.
• Experience with program management and project management tools.
• Experience working with DCMA and other government customer support organizations.
• Experience working with space vehicle subcontractors and suppliers.
• Understanding of export control and ITAR requirements for working with international suppliers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.