Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer - Senior in Littleton, Colorado
Description: As the threats to our national security grow, Lockheed Martin stands at the forefront of developing new defense technology. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the nation’s biggest defense threats. Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Senior Manufacturing Engineer supporting our Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Re-entry program at our Waterton facility. You will provide support between our Waterton facility and Sunnyvale, CA facility.
Your primary focus will be on Continuous Improvement Initiatives. Reporting to a team lead, you will have the pleasure of working hand-in-hand with team members on critical items of importance that impact program operations and continuous improvement imperatives. In this role you collaborate with a variety of individuals in multiple disciplines as we design manufacturing processes, procedures, and production layouts for mechanical assemblies which include metallic and composite details, equipment installation, processing, machining, and material handling.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements we use to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
• You ensure process and procedures we use comply with applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory guidance.
• You design sequence of operations and specific procedures for how we fabricate tools and equipment as well as other functions that affect product performance.
• You provide manufacturing producibility analysis for machined mechanical and composite details and assembly operations.
• You continuously interact with design engineering co-located at our Centennial facility as the product develops and provide engineering review and approvals.
• You will be 1 of 2 responsible manufacturing engineers who will develop the manufacturing deliverables such as complex mechanical assemblies, assembly tools and fixtures, manufacturing work instructions, technician process instructions and manufacturing bills of material.
• You develop and/or track a manufacturing production schedule that supports program requirements.
• You may incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
• You will collaborate with shop supervision, technicians, MRP controllers, production leads, and program individuals.
• You provide successful hardware fabrication that meets engineering requirements.
• You maintain the supporting process and tool improvements that enable progression towards a fully integrated Model Based Engineering environment.
• You will need to be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule where business needs may require occasional second shift and weekend support.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other related field of study.
• Hands on Experience with metallic and composite mechanical manufacturing and mechanical assembly processes which include rivet/fastener installation, priming, bonding, etc.
• Familiarity with mechanical engineer drawings and bill of materials.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical design for developmental builds.
• Possess advanced experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) related to mechanical manufacturing and mechanical assembly.
• Extensive Microsoft office experience.
• Proven organizational/communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience in CNC and conventional machining of metallic details.
• Computer skills which include SAP (or other MRP/Work Instruction Software).
• Experience Writing work instructions for fabrication of mechanical details and assemblies, and related paint/finish processes.
• Project management skills/experience.
• Familiar with lean manufacturing and process improvements.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.