Lockheed Martin Materials Technology Integration Research Engineer Principal in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Future Enterprise Program (FEP) is seeking a visionary leader to guide technology integration, portfolio execution, and effective technology transfer of the company digital technology projects impacting materials development, design, analysis, certification, and process optimization. This engineer reports to the Materials Solutions Senior Manager in the Emerging Technologies team. The Emerging Technologies team reports into the Vice President of the Future Enterprise Program under the Digital Transformation Office within Corporate Engineering, Technology and Operations organization.
The Material Solutions team is responsible for technology integration, portfolio execution, and effective technology transfer of the company digital technology projects impacting materials development, design, analysis, certification, and process optimization. Focus areas include computational materials engineering, additive manufacturing, advanced materials performance analysis tools, and material property data management.
This engineer provides technical guidance to direct and indirect project teams across the enterprise. This includes responsibility for external research center engagement for the materials portfolio.
This role will work with the FEP leadership and lead a small team of subject matter experts from across the company to digitally transform materials processes, tools, people, and data to achieve revolutionary materials solutions in a fraction of the time and cost necessary today.
The candidate should be considered a thought leader in the materials field, and exhibit a broad, multidisciplinary understanding of the materials technology domain, to include the impacts materials make to platform design, manufacturing and sustainment. The candidate will collaborate with the leaders for Model Based Solutions, Human-Machine Solutions, Cognitive Solutions, and LM programs to ensure the overall implementation streamlines the entire product life-cycle.
Desired Skills: • Knowledge of basic technology portfolio management processes
• Experience with intellectual property planning for projects
• Interest in competitive assessment of technologies in manufacturing and engineering areas
• The selected candidate will be a member of a high performing virtual team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
• Participation in internal research and development project or similar initiative as both an individual contributor and a team lead.
• The selected candidate must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions with technical leaders across the enterprise
• The ability to travel for broad business area facilitation and team interaction is required and should be expected at approximately 10% of the time
• Demonstrated ability to support cross-Business Area initiatives
• Demonstrated success energizing teams, openly collaborating, and enabling best performance
• Degree in Materials Engineering or Science or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred
• Experience in computational materials development and implementation
• Acknowledged leader in developing and implementing materials technologies in Aerospace and Defense or related industries
• Strong track record of managing project teams consisting of engineers or scientists
• Demonstrated history of collaboration and working with customers
• Demonstrated ability in writing and defending competitive proposals
• Demonstrated ability to develop multi-functional execution plans
• Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
• Strong communication skills and experience engaging with senior executive leadership
• Ability to work effectively in a rapid paced and virtual team environment
• Extensive technical background with broad, multidisciplinary understanding of the materials design, development, and certification domains, to include the impacts materials make to platform design, manufacturing and sustainment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.