Lockheed Martin Mechanical Design Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The selected candidate will join the LM2100 Bus Center of Excellence spacecraft design team, supporting many different efforts ranging from studies, proposals, IRAD efforts, and flight hardware developments.
The candidate will work closely with the LM2100 (A2100TR) Structures, Mechanisms & Thermal Products teams as a Mechanical Design Integration engineer to build and shape the spacecraft structure and payload designs. Primary responsibilities will include the following.
Develop and coordinate requirements and complex, mechanical interfaces for the payload subsystems and components
Lead mechanical design trade studies
Define the payload mechanical architecture
Develop interface control drawings, subassembly engineering and payload system-level engineering using CREO
Coordinate with in-house production, outside procurement, subcontractors, and ATLO to develop system level design solutions
Communicate effectively and regularly with internal customers and program management
Drive the development and production of SMTH hardware within cost and schedule constraints
Demonstrates an exceptional work ethic and is knowledgeable across a broad range of topics in the mechanical engineering discipline
Possess good process focus and is able to intelligently apply standard processes to real-world applications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals including structure design
- CAD software experience
- Experience with PTC Creo and EPDM
- Commitment to leveraging new technologies and process improvements
- Experience developing/leveraging common solutions across programs/products
- Familiar with design for Manufacturability
- Experience with basic Engineering analysis and tolerance stack-ups
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary product development teams
- Excellent written/communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and customers simultaneously
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.