Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - Mechanical Ground Support Equipment in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Assist mechanical Design team with planning, design, development, and testing in support of customer needs.
• Work in a collaborative environment to develop and deliver the next generation of Special tooling (ST) / Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) used to support spacecraft processing flow and eliminate high risk activities.
• Support the technical leads and other team members in developing requirements and design concepts for successful ST/MGSE implementation, and creating detailed models and engineering for fabrication.
• Hands-on hardware experience
• Accountable for achieving cost, schedules, and technical requirements for assigned projects
'• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and/or experience.
• Solid Understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including structures, mechanisms, materials and analysis.
• Mechanical concept development and design exposure.
• CAD (i.e. Creo) modeling, drafting and release proficiency.
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 (including GD&T).
• Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary product development teams
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
'• CREO experience.
• EPDM experience.
• Mechanical manufacture, test and integration experience.
• Additive manufacturing experience.
• Experience working with supply chain (procurement, internal/external suppliers, quality…) to drive hardware production through delivery.
• Familiar with the development of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) used for the manufacture, integration, test, transport and handling of spacecraft or associated critical hardware.
• Working knowledge of industrial standards and federal regulations including ANSI, OSHA and AWS.
• Design for manufacturability experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.