Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Project Engineer supporting the C2 Ground family of programs with a main focus on P999 development system and study activities. The team develops highly reliable mobile and fixed facility command and control systems which require integration of COTS and custom hardware & software and interfacing to complex communications systems.
The Project Manager will lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team for the P999 program through development activities related to a classified ground system. The preferred candidate should have prior experience with cost, schedule, and technical management of systems with a budget greater than $10M annually. In addition to the primary role of leading projects, the candidate may be expected to perform as an individual contributor on short term systems development projects where the candidate's technical skills are applicable -- to include CONOPS development, requirements analysis, hardware/software architecture, and high-level design. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Some CONUS travel will be required to fulfill the duties of this role. This is a full-time position with expected overtime as required.
This development work is in support of a cost-plus contract. The preferred candidate will have experience maintaining tight control of a technical baseline through requirements selloff and leading the development of Engineering Change Proposals for new work scope.
• Experienced managing complex hardware and software development projects, highly motivate, innovative leader with demonstrated technical skills
Top Secret Clearance with SCI
• Experience developing and executing program and project plans.
• Experience developing and preparing policies and operational standards that directly impact the organization’s mission.
• Possess excellent customer relationship management skills to include outreach and communications experience.
• Previous proposal or Basis-of-Estimates writing/reviewing experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to drive results
• Ability to work effectively with various layers of management
• Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Understanding of System, Software, and Hardware Engineering processes
• Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Previous Risk & Opportunity Management responsibility
• Knowledge and experience with the P999 customer
• Complete Program Lifecycle - Experience on Development and Sustainment programs
Experience in Support of Large, Complex Development Programs
• Experience Supporting Multiple Development and/or Operating Sites
• Risk and Opportunity Training/Experience
• Experience Leading teams and mentoring other employees
• Excellent coordination skill.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.