Lockheed Martin Project Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
In support of Orion and multiple satellite programs, represents the Assembly, Test, and Lauch Operations (ATLO) organization in providing solutions for LSTTB ATLO Test Systems manufacturing & assembly area:
This position will be part Project Engineer and part Manufacturing Engineer in support of multiple programs.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Coordinates planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
• Plans and formulates engineering program; reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Evaluates and approves design changes, specification and drawing releases.
• Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Will be responsible for major subsystem and system-level assemblies within the Orion and ATLO organization including Special Test Equipment, Ground Support Equipment and Racks, harness assembly, and system level Lab and Vehicle integration.
• Responsibilities begin at Design and include coordination with Design, Procurement, Subcontracts and Production teams working within the Space Production ConOps.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or 1 year with a related Masters degree.
• Experience demonstrating use of SAP or similar ERP system supporting or generating work instructions, routings, product structure, and engineer/manufacturing Bill of Materials(EBOM/MBOM).
• Experienced in the review and interpretation of engineering drawings and as floor support/liaison with assembly technicians.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret various technical procedures and reports. Ability to write reports and keep accurate documentation.
• Exposure or participation on teams that have performed product, facility, and or resource risk mitigation through in-depth engineering and evaluation using Producibility techniques.
• Ability to perform requirements analysis working within a major assembly team.
• Solid communication skills & demonstrated ability to drive process compliance and coordinate across functional teams.
• Experience in project management and/or planning.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.