Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer Senior in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a contributing member of the Space team. Space values your skills, training, and education.
The Space Systems Company is seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
We have an opportunity for a Sr level Quality Engineer at our Littleton, CO location. You will be supporting the Strategy and Metrology Group with Space Operations.
As the Strategic Quality Engineer (QE) you will support a team to plan and successfully execute Quality Area Learning, Initiatives, Audits and Command media. You will work closely with both the Strategic QA team as well as program and production QA, as well as engineering organizations. To develop, apply, and maintain quality systems for the LM Space enterprise.
In this role you will have responsibility for alignment of process & product quality. This position requires a strong understanding of Quality/Product Assurance and the ability to adapt to enterprise needs. You will be a driving force to guide technical decisions to systematically shape quality systems in LM space.
The development of relationships in this role is critical to overall LM Space QA communication in support of effective quality system management.
As a member of this strategic team, you will be exposed to multiple opportunities for personal & career growth, supported by our team of Quality & Engineering professionals across Lockheed Martin Space.
Benefits of Employment
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package: https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Minimum 5 years of QA experience or experience in a related technical discipline or 3 years experience with A Masters Degree.
• Ability to conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
• Experience defining a requirements and verification baseline, and of QA oversight of implementation.
• Experience with Quality tools and processes such as SAP/ERP,VE-CAMs, E-link and EPDM.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with DoD, DCMA, and/or other government customers to build effective relationships.
• Quality Engineering experience with working knowledge of AS9100-based Quality Assurance Program Plan; familiarity/knowledge with Quality Assurance Requirements with various commodities (i.e piece parts, subassemblies/module, assemblies, etc.)
• Green Belt Certification, with commensurate experience in applying and using this toolset.
• An understanding of the LM Configuration Control process.
• Experience participating in or conducting QA reviews including CABs, Corrective Action Plans, and Continuous Improvement projects.
• Demonstrated experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies and in developing preventive quality corrective action plans, identify, and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to clearly communicate to others in a concise, data driven manner.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to promote and champion an inclusive and collaborative teamwork environment that supports differences and encourages big-picture thinking.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.