Lockheed Martin RF Engineer for Spacecraft Communications in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
You will support the Deep Space Exploration Mission Operations group within Space Systems Company as the Telecom subsystem engineer supporting multiple flying missions in the Littleton Mission Support Area. The missions include the Origins Spectral Interpretation Resource Identification Security Regolith explorer (OSIRIS-REx), Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN), JUNO, and potentially others during primary and extended missions. The Telecom subsystem engineer tasks include: producing predictions of subsystem performance during future operations, monitoring real-time telecom subsystem performance, trending subsystem performance, analysis of problems and documentation of problems and corrective actions. You will provide subsystem inputs to systems engineering for spacecraft sequence development and review the resulting sequences for correct operation of the subsystem, for both nominal and special event sequences. Review test results from spacecraft test labs and simulators for proper use and functionality of telecom elements. Maintain a database of current and long-term subsystem trending and performance data. Maintain and update software tools for sequence review, performance prediction and other tasks. Support team meetings and periodic reviews. Working irregular work hours in support of science activities. Supporting other Deep Space Exploration flying missions and proposal support as needed.
- Degree in electrical engineering or related field from an accredited college
- Familiarity with or formal coursework with microwave RF subsystem design and hardware - to include some of the following receivers, exciters, transponders, couplers, hybrids, RF switches, isolators, attenuators, antennas and waveguides.
-Ability to work irregular hours in support of planned science activities
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, interacting with other subsystem experts, systems engineers and customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Familiarity with programming, particularly in PERL, Python, or MATLAB, with knowledge of other scripting languages a plus.
*This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
- Experience in performing RF link analysis and prediction, as well as RF subsystem performance analysis.
- Experience in a satellite operational environment, including troubleshooting link problems and determining root causes to link anomalies in real-time.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.