Lockheed Martin RF Engineering Sr. Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Responsible for leadership and management of the Special Programs Advanced Programs Payload team. The selected leader will lead a team of engineers to define the next generation of payloads in support of Special Programs, exploring new technology and maturing that technology to support acquisition timelines.
Position responsibilities include staffing, managing payload and antenna designs, development of proposal concepts, program execution to include the management of the technical solution, cost performance and schedule performance. Individual should have experience with leading teams in developing and applying sophisticated RF modeling and simulation tools for payload performance predictions and end-to-end mission performance metrics as well as experience with a variety of transmit and receive missions (radar, communications, RF sensing, etc.) for space-based RF payloads spanning across multiple frequency bands.
Familiarity with processing allocation between space and ground for each mission type.
Strong emphasis is being placed on setting the strategic direction for the organization, aligning the team’s direction with the overall Special Programs Advanced Program’s strategy and the execution of that strategy. Collaboration across all leaders within Advanced Programs is required to ensure effective execution and seamless execution. Individual will be leading the Special Programs development of advanced digital beam forming across a variety of fronts to include CRAD, CETO IRAD and Space IRAD.
Individual will also be responsible for providing functional payload support within the Special Programs Advanced Programs area and collaborating with MSP and the RF COE to support proposals, studies and program execution.
Responsibility includes Cost Account Management for a multi-discipline product team. Responsible for manpower and material planning, schedule milestone planning, financial reporting, and variance analysis, in addition to project technical execution.
Additional duties include FSL items such as establishing individual performance commitments, developing written performance appraisals, and performing salary planning for all badged employees. Staffing for Advanced Programs Payload team which includes leading the end-to-end hiring process, including requisition creation and management, interview coordination, and candidate evaluation and selection, determine training requirements, and assure personal and workforce compliance with all LM policies.
1. Minimum BS degree in Engineering or hard sciences
2. Minimum 5 years of demonstrated successful project leadership directing a technically diverse group towards a common goal
3. Minimum 12 years technical and/or leadership experience in payload design, development, anomaly troubleshooting, and production of hardware for Space Flight payloads
4. Knowledge and proficiency with RF and digital design, fabrication, and test
5. Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, administrative, and presentation skills
6. Proven experience with leading and managing subcontractors and other team partners to prepare proposals and execute projects
7. Experience in strategy development
8. Experience in defining technology investments and development resulting in new products/business opportunities
9. Experience with cost account management
10. Willingness to travel
11. Active TS/SCI Clearance
1. Demonstrated ability to manage full time and pay-by-the-drink resources
2. Demonstrated ability to identify and develop technical talent to position employees to successfully meet business needs
3. Depth of knowledge with Payload Engineering Processes and Tools
4. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute product road maps that are aligned to Special Programs strategy and the RFCOE strategy and Program needs.
5. MS, MBA preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.