Lockheed Martin Satellite Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin is looking for a talented, highly motivated Communications engineer to join the development next generation of protected satellite communications systems. The Staff Systems Engineer will work closely with system architects to understand key requirements and mature pre-market solutions. Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing design concepts and technical baselines for payload communications processors and satellite controllers
• Developing payload subsystem-level requirements and interface definitions
• Conducting payload design trades, including potential source identification/selection through formal Requests for Information
• Perform analysis and decompose system level performance requirements to verifiable allocated subsystems/components requirement. Perform analysis to size computing/Digital signal processing/FPGA resources needed to implement the functionality specified to the subsystem.
• Creating technology maturation and risk reduction plans for critical payload elementssatellite subsystems
• Supporting proposal development activities for objective payload systems
This position may require domestic travel as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
Desired Skills: - Experience with satellite communications technologies and waveforms, including DVB-S/2
- Working knowledge of current US DoD Protected Satellite Communications (i.e., Milstar/AEHF)
- Experience developing Analog/Digital interfaces
- Experience with full-life cycle of ASIC/FGPA development including Register Transfer Level (RTL) hardware descriptive languages (IE VHDL, Verilog)
-Experience performing software source lines of code (SLOC) estimates based on requirements
- Prior satellite communications design experience
- Proven ability to develop analytical modeling and simulation tools/environments
- Experience with LM2100 Standard Space Vehicle product line
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Active US DoD/IC TS//SCI clearance
- Significant experience with digital communications systems and design or digital equipment design (minimum 7 years)
- Ability to size hardware or computing resources needed to perform communications or control functions.
- Track record of success logic development in hardware description language (i.e., VHDL, Verilog)
- Demonstrated understanding of channel access methods, including TDMA and FDMA
- Experience with current approaches to modulation/demodulation
- Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR) and allocate functions down to subsystems and hardware/software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers. Ability to write technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
- Ability to obtain a US Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance within 3 months of hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proficiency in relevant analytical tools (e.g., MATLAB, XXX)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.