Lockheed Martin Senior Contracts Negotiator in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder.
Lockheed Martin Space is seeking an experienced Senior Contracts professional to support the Commercial Civil Line of Business. The selected candidate will be a part of the Orion Contracts team and will be responsible for advising program management and finance teams, as well as personnel from other functional areas (i.e., legal, supply chain, pricing, etc.) on contractual requirements. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• All aspects of contract administration including proposal support and negotiation, post- award contract administration, scope management, and contract closeout
• Providing guidance, advice and counsel to Orion programmatic and technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract- related matters
• Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal and provides risk assessments and coordinates proposals
• Developing and executing negotiation strategies
• Develops and applies solutions to complex problems which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers
• Providing contractual guidance to junior employees
The selected candidate must have the ability to exercise initiative, participate in strategy development, and work in an independent manner. This position requires interface with Space Systems Company and Corporate support functions and excellent communication skills are a must. Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work directly with the customer on multiple type contracts (CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M & FFP).
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Demonstrated experience with FAR/DFARS based contracts, including incentive fee knowledge of both cost type and fixed price arrangements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Effectively organizes, prioritizes and manages multiple assignments and priorities
Able to work effectively and independently in a dynamic environment
Ability to identify risk and understand financial implications
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with functional and program counterparts to drive business results
Production contract and performance based payment experience a plus, along with the ability to work with virtual teams, including upper management
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.