Lockheed Martin Senior Project Engineer (Mid Career) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: As we enter a new era of Space exploration, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Senior Project Engineer serving as a Production Lead (PL) in a specialty item production area. Your primary responsibility will be working in tandem with the Program Office to establish and run a Production Operations Directive (POD).
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• During bid and proposal phase of the program you will oversee the Manufacturing Centers, MRP, test, and Procurement groups as necessary and provide cost and schedule quotes to the program.
• You establish budget and baseline control to perform work for the program using the POD as the governing document between the program and the production center.
• Push program hardware through the production and test process and deliver the product to the program on schedule and to a budget outlined in the POD.
• You manage and report in accordance with the Earned Value Management process to upper management and the program.
• Manage production that may include and is not limited to: welding, brazing, bonding, solar array fabrication, laser activities, composites, electronic board fabrication, machining activities, electronic box fabrication, mechanical assembly activities, and testing of all products.
• You will, at times, need to be able to support non-standard shifts as required by the organization.
• This job may require the PL to work across multiple lines of business, work centers, and supporting departments.
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college, with a minimum of 5 years; or a Masters degree with a minimum of 3 years applicable experience related to this positions job scope.
• Previous experience organizing and/or optimizing shop floor product & process flow in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Able to work independently.
• Possess strong interpersonal, organization, and leadership skills.
• Experience in the following areas: Financial analyst, pricing estimating, supply chain management, manufacturing fabrication, operations, and earned value management.
• SAP experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.