Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer for Spacecraft Big Data in Littleton, Colorado
Description: How would you like to help create solutions which will help NASA send humans to Mars, NOAA to predict severe weather disturbances like the 2017 hurricanes experienced in Texas and Florida and provide support to the U.S. Intelligence Community? Lockheed Martin Space Systems is building the spacecraft to support these missions. We need the best engineers on our team to ensure mission success.
This opening is for a Software Engineer for the Core Data group in Engineering and Technology Mission Systems and Solutions. Core Data creates Big Data solutions for multiple programs, including Orion, GOES and Special Programs, leveraging Open Source Software including HBase, Hadoop, Kafka and Storm, to ingest, store, and retrieve large volumes of mission and test spacecraft data.
We are looking for a developer who will be a member of a small agile group with strong Java skills and a knowledge of modern practices and open source libraries who leverages Big Data applications to ingest, process, store, and serve space telemetry data. NoSQL and distributed message bus technologies will be used in creating these solutions.
The job responsibilities include:
• Develop developing software for real-time interaction with other hardware/software subsystems
• Testing in both software-only and hardware/software environment including execution of integration tests to validate:
o Hardware to software interfaces
o Software to software interfaces
• Analyzing the hardware, software, and system requirements and implementation
• Developing and testing code utilizing industry standard Big Data tools and frameworks
• Establishing development and test tools
• Identifying and resolving anomalies during test on various software-level and system-level platforms
• Identifying and implementing required software modifications
• Participating in technical reviews/audits of software products.
• Ability to execute work tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and highly dynamic environment.
• Proven knowledge of Java software development using modern practices in real-time programming constructs.
• Experience leveraging and integrating Open Source Software
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Tools experience with the following:
o RESTful Web Services
• Experience with real-time operating systems
• Experience with Agile Development
• Experience with parallel processing
• Hardware/software integration experience
• Development experience with Big Data (high data rate, high volume) processing, analytics, and storage capabilities
• Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem APIs and Tools
• Familiarity with:
o HBase, Spark, and Kafka
• Familiarity with Redmine
• Familiarity with run-time data analytics experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.