Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
You will be an engineer in the Test bed and Simulation organization developing key components for a variety of test bed and simulation solutions:
• Develop and maintain models including spacecraft environment, components, and payloads
• Develop and maintain real-time and simulation
• Develop and maintain tools to aid in the development, integration, and verification of test bed and simulation solutions
• Perform all phases of development including requirements definition, design, implementation, and unit testing
• Perform integration and test development
• Work with multiple programming languages, operating systems, and development environments
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred for this position.
• Proficiency in C/C++ programming
• Strong written communication skills
• Understanding of spacecraft systems and general aerospace knowledge
• Experience developing software for real-time systems
• Experience developing software for simulators and test beds
• Experience performing software integration and test
• Experience collaborating with a team using Continuous Integration practices and a distributed version control system
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Experience interacting with internal and external customers as prime technical contact or subject matter expert
Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.