Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Be part of the team that is delivering Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites and providing precision navigation and timing to the world. In this role you will perform system and mission integration engineering for core aspects of GPS satellites with a focus on space-to-ground integration and satellite operations.
Typical assignments include:
- Identify driving mission needs and requirements, generate and maintain system performance predictions, and work with product teams to ensure a complete requirements, design, and analysis baseline for the system and its components.
- Ensure product compliance with all program requirements. This includes defining and executing verification and validation tasks and generating/evaluating evidence. Ensure the test program achieves the intent of the V&V plan.
- Draft, review, and release trade studies, specifications, technical memos, and other products in support of design reviews and contract deliverables.
- Define on-orbit operations procedures. Support space vehicle test and launch base processing. Support on-orbit operations post-launch.
- Bachelors degree in a related engineering or science discipline.
- Extensive experience with satellite operations including nominal mission operations/planning, software and data management, and anomaly recover and investigations.
- Experience with multiple engineering disciplines or broad background in the physical sciences.
- Experience with the systems engineering lifecycle, including major design reviews such as SRR, PDR, CDR.
- Ability to interact effectively with a broad range of stakeholders including peers, design engineers, and customers
-Final secret clearance and ability to obtain top secret clearance
- Highly organized thinker, with the proven ability to decompose technical problems and work assignments into smaller executable steps
- Experience with A2100 satellites at the system and subsystem levels
- Possess engineering, test, and operational experience with spacecraft hardware or software.
- Experience with Satellite ground command and control ground stations.
- Experience with positions-velocity-timing missions using GNSS
- Experience performing technical trade studies
- Experience authoring, decomposing, and verifying requirements
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.