Lockheed Martin Senior Thermal Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Human Space Exploration Advanced Programs (HSE AP) is seeking a thermal analyst to become part of our Concept Team in the development of our Habitat concept as well as Lunar Lander, Mars Base Camp, and other crewed mission concepts in support of NASA's exploration goals. The candidate will collaborate with discipline owners to advance ATCS designs. This candidate will be responsible for modeling active thermal cooling systems, along with performing fluid dynamics analysis to inform the design of these space architecture elements. The candidate will be responsible for the generation of ATCS-related requirements with the associated verification methods. The candidate will also perform systems engineering trades and systems analysis to aid in refining Habitat, Lander and test article designs. The candidate will assist in the preparation of customer presentations and deliverables. This individual will also provide logistical analysis for Cis-lunar and future extended crewed missions for varying power demands affecting thermal loads, as well as support multiple proposals tied to HSE AP pursuits such as Gateway, Lunar Lander and beyond.
• Proficiency with Thermal Desktop
• Knowledge of human space flight designs and requirements specific to Active Thermal Control Subsystems (ATCS)
• Experience in requirements specification and management
• Experience in performing formal systems engineering trade studies
• Prior experience in designing thermal spacecraft control system including heater placement and radiator sizing
• Experience in other systems engineering functions such as functional analysis, CONOPS development and risk management
• Demonstrated knowledge of in related engineering disciplines such as power systems design or mission analysis
• Experience using CAD modeling
• Experience with programming languages such as C/C++ and Matlab
• Advanced engineering related degree
• Previous experience in presenting to customers and executive management
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.