Lockheed Martin SmallSat Mission Program Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: SmallSat Mission Program Manager for systems that support Space Situational Awareness (SSA), Space Control, Resilience and/or Protection mission sets within a Space Battle Management, Command, Control & Communications (BMC3) framework. Supports threat analysis and solution identification for National Security Space Systems and the development, integration and demonstration of key technical discriminators, including advanced counter-threat capabilities and systems within the Military Space Line of Business.
The SmallSat Platforms PM is responsible for leading a matrixed, cross-functional team in all phases of mission, threat, resilience and protection analysis, roadmap development aligning counter-threat technology development, demonstration and transition to IRAD and/or CRAD studies/projects, competitive offer development and transition to flight programs, customer shaping, and business pipeline. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance, including successful milestone achievements, of all associated IRAD and/or CRAD studies/projects. Establishes design concepts, manufacturability, mission assurance criteria and engineering standards for space security SmallSat research, development, integration and test.
Serves as the primary Customer contact for the SmallSat Platforms portfolio. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
(SmallSat defines a small satellite bus class that is typically less than 500 kg). Key role is to lead through $20M CDR efforts and transition to $250M flight demos.
Desired Skills: • Experience in Systems Engineering and/or Cost Account Manager (CAM) roles, with emphasis on the development of system architecture, CONOP, requirements, key metrics, program schedules and cost estimates.
• Experience in Earned Value Management, Agile Systems Engineering and/or Software Development processes.
• Experience leading teams in the identification of technology gaps, translating them into requirements, developing associated technology roadmaps and investment plans and overseeing their implementation to effectively address emerging threats while increasing mission solution affordability.
• Advanced degree in a related engineering field and/or MBA.
• Possession of current TS/SCI clearance, polygraph
• Candidate must have experience, and established relationships, with DOD or IC organizations.
• Technical and project management experience needed.
• Minimum 5 years experience with Small Satellite missions.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with senior leadership among internal, customer, and wider stakeholder audiences.
• The successful candidate must have demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership capabilities and performance, project management experience, and the ability to transition technology and research breakthroughs into systems or products.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related engineering field.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.