Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space Protection Programs is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic software engineering LEADER. Note the all CAPs in the previous sentence; this position requires a leader, not just a manager. A talented team is in place and performing but they need a leader to help them prepare for the next challenging wave of work. The selected candidate would lead a team of software engineers and algorithm scientists in the design, development and delivery of flight software and specialized payload algorithms utilizing agile methodologies and techniques. Control account management and functional leadership responsibilities are also included in this role. The successful applicant will be able to function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment developing cutting edge technology. Cross product team collaboration and the ability to manage multiple efforts at different stages of maturity will be essential to success. A firm understanding of proper configuration management techniques and formal software development processes are also required. As a leader, a focus on career development and technical/leadership mentoring are also expected.
• Experience leading a team of software developers
• Experience testing and delivering software
• Firm understanding of configuration management techniques
• Previous L-coded experience
• Previous control account management experience
• Experience with embedded flight software development
• Experience leading a review board (software, failure, architecture, or other related)
• Experience with real-time programming constructs
• Experience with image compression techniques and standards
• Experience with image rendering and scene modeling
• Experience optimizing algorithms on the embedded platforms including FPGAs, and embedded CPUs
• Experience with computer vision and autonomous robotics
• Experience in algorithm science, research, and development
• Current active TS/SCI with poly
• Control account management training
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.