Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer (Entry Level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an excellent entry level Software Quality Engineer opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. Special Programs has developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential.
The Software Quality Engineer (SQE) will be part of a team that is responsible for implementing software quality assurance plans and procedures. Candidates with software quality and/or software engineering experience or education are desired to ensure contractual requirements, software standards, and Lockheed Martin standards are met as well as independently evaluate (aka audit) software development activities and products (requirements, design, development, configuration management, builds, documentation, integration, testing and release of deliverable and non-deliverable software). Responsibilities include applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout Agile software development life cycles.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives - just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space!
Desired Skills: - An active SCI Security Clearance
- Knowledge/experience with causal analyses, corrective and preventative action and continuous improvement methods
- Ability to evaluate (audit) software products (e.g., software requirements, design, code, test)
- Ability to evaluate (audit) software processes (e.g., planning, requirements development, Software Configuration Management, risk management, test, Formal Qualification Test)
- Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management System standard
-Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- Ability to obtain an SCI clearance is required.
- Ability to support multiple activities and tasks
- Knowledge of C/C++ and/or other programming/scripting languages
- Ability to generate program quality documentation
- Demonstrated communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team (building effective relationships, team player, delivering results)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter and ability to set priorities and complete multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.