Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineering Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an excellent Software Quality Engineering Manager opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. Special Programs has developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your planning/scheduling skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future on our Software Quality Engineering team!
As our new Software Quality Engineering Manager, you will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, leads by example, and has the desire and ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork to generate results with impact. You’ll be part of a team that plans and manages detailed schedule networks from proposal, design, assembly, test, and into operation. It will be important to have a constant desire for learning and growth to stay informed on complex systems and keep pace with emerging technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with software engineering management on multiple programs to ensure software products meet process and contractual requirements throughout the software life cycle.
- Manage the development, modification, application, and maintenance of standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures on the programs.
- Your team is responsible for monitoring software development and testing, including configuration audits, test witness, and post-test analysis of data.
- Process problems discovered during these activities will be documented and tracked to closure, including root cause, corrective action, and lessons learned. You will participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) and program reviews and interface with the external customer on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for your team of Software Quality Engineers.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., chemical, electrical, manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, aerospace engineering)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Experience with root cause analysis to determine corrective actions
- Proficient use of MS Office products
- Active security clearance and US citizenship required
- 10 years software engineering/software quality experience
- 5 years leadership experience
- Experience working with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of model based design
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience leading remote team members
- Knowledge of software CIPS, AS9100 or CMMI
- Experience with software process audits
- Ability to analyze software health data/ability to identify trends
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally, and in writing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.