Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer,Senior in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space is not a place to go, it’s a place to do, and at Lockheed Martin Space, we do difficult. In other words, we create, design and build stuff and send it into space, often flying the missions once up there. Whether it’s to Mars or taking samples of asteroids, our Engineers do the seemingly impossible. For over one hundred years, we have successfully pushed the boundaries of engineering to reach new heights. Our culture and environment empower employees to dream big, make calculated decisions and create incredible products.
Lockheed Martin provides generous resources, inspiring work sites and a focus on work life balance to ensure creativity, best-in-class performance and drive pride in what we do. If you have the passion, commitment and courage to dream big and want to build a better tomorrow, then Lockheed Martin Space is for you.
We are seeking a Software Quality Engineer to join our Military Support Program (MSP) program The Software Quality Engineer (SQE) will be part of a team responsible for implementing quality assurance plans and procedures on the MSP program. The Software Quality Engineer ensure contractual requirements, standards, and Martin standards are met on MSP as well as independently evaluate development activities and products (requirements, design, development, configuration management, builds, documentation, integration, testing and release of deliverable and non-deliverable). Responsibilities include applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout MSP’s Agile development life cycles. Apply knowledge of computer hardware, programming experience, information processing techniques, and information gathered from system users, to enable the development of MSP.
Desired Skills: - Computer Science or equivalent technical Bachelor's degree
- Certified quality engineer, ASQ (American Society of Quality Engineers) certification
- Database experience
- Development environments (e.g., , Windows, Agile, Rational, CASE tools)
- Configuration/build tools (e.g., or Bugzilla)
- Hardware compliance evaluation and/or Hardware Quality experience. - Problem solving experience
- Root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action familiarity
-Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- Active SCI required.
- Ability to support multiple activities and tasks
- C/ and/or other programming/scripting languages
- Evaluate products (e.g., requirements, design, code, test)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate processes (e.g., planning, requirements development, Configuration Management, risk management, test, Formal Qualification Test)
- Generate program quality documentation
- Knowledge of AS9100 and/or CMMI
- Demonstrated communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team (building effective relationships, team player, delivering results)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn
Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.