Lockheed Martin Staff RF Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic engineer with a strong back-ground in digital payload products, embedded flight software and FPGA design. Your primary role will be performing as primary technical advocate for the subcontracting of the digital waveform generator. You will provide technical leadership for the procurement of a complex RF payload component, including hardware, software and FPGA gateware.
You will have responsibilities that will include direct engagement with subcontractor’s technical staff, including system engineering, design engineers and test engineers to ensure performance requirements are understood, design implementation satisfies those requirements, and test program verifies compliance.
You will be responsible for the generation of the technical requirements, and will support the development of the statement-of-work, and the data requirements. The candidate will lead supplier proposal technical evaluations, and source selections. The candidate will certify component compliance.
You will provide technical authority for integrity of the assigned product, and ensure technical integrity of the product through individual ownership, responsibility, and accountability of the tasks; thus strengthening expectations of product performance, mission success, and operational excellence. You will work with the subcontractors and Lockheed Martin engineers.
Experience designing, building and/or testing space flight hardware and/or software
Experience writing and using software based tools for testing, data analysis and/or RF system calibration.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline such as Electrical or Software Engineering.
• Experience as a key technical member of a small procurement team, buying complex one-of-a-kind components from a subcontractor
• Experience working in areas such as: RF system design/analysis, RF component design, ASIC/FPGA development, analog-to-digital converters, reconfigurable FPGA programming, digital signal processing, embedded software systems or other similar product, digital waveform generator design, requirements analysis, cascade analysis, or payload integration and test.
•Experience with space applications and custom designs digital waveform generators, digital receivers, digital on-orbit processors or other digital signal processing applications in space
• Experience with navigation systems
• Be able demonstrate an understanding of principles of digital signal processing, VHDL/integrated circuit design, RF systems and/or electromagnetic fields theory
• Experience and proficiency with engineering tools such as MATLAB, DOORS, Rhapsody, ADS
• Software knowledge in C++/Java and Linux OS development environments
• Experience with laboratory equipment such as signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, data recorders
• Experience troubleshooting anomalies and isolating root cause.
• Experience with the build and test of spaceflight hardware and/or software including a basic understanding of typical flight hardware test techniques, including those used in EMI/EMC, thermal vacuum and random vibration.
• Experience with MS Office products
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.