Lockheed Martin Staff Software Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our world is a dynamic place, more so today than ever before. Come join us on Special Programs as we navigate the ever-changing global landscape. If you love all things space and get excited about the prospect of building premier spacecraft for our customers, then Special Programs is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters!
The Mission Engineering and Operations team is searching for personnel to perform maintenance and delivery for the Space program trending tool suite and provide support to general tool maintenance.
This position will be responsible for:
• Maintenance and delivery of the Trendi tool suite in multiple environments utilizing the MATLAB programming language.
• Performing tool integration and test
• Prioritization and distribution of discrepancy reports
• Support to engineering team for Long Term Trending
• Support to general tool maintenance
• Engages in infrequent travel
• Off shift work support required as needed
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Proficiency in MATLAB programming or at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl)
• Experience maintaining software for real-time systems
• Experience collaborating with a team using Continuous Integration practices and a distributed version control system
• Software and systems engineering/integration utilizing Unix and/or Windows operating environments
• Work with minimal direction; self motivated; able to lead groups/projects spanning multiple functional groups, companies and/or contracts
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Experience interacting with internal and external customers as prime technical contact or subject matter expert
• Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and time-management skills
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Understanding of spacecraft systems and general aerospace knowledge
• Proficiency in Java programming
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.