Lockheed Martin System Administrator in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Air Force Distributed Common Ground Station (AF DCGS) program is seeking a qualified engineer to assist in integrating customer hardware and software at various locations.
• Capable of supporting travel assignments to customer sites 25-50%
• Duties may include assisting in setting up administrator and service accounts while on site, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing and configuring hardware, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products (COTS / GOTS).
• Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software for integrating COTS/GOTS applications into UNIX (Solaris 10/11, LINUX) and/or WINDOWS systems (7, 10). Experience troubleshooting system resources
• Hands on experience executing System administration tasks on WINDOWS and/or UNIX/LINUX environments
This position is contingent upon contract award.
• Current Security + Certification (CompTIA)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with strict deadlines
• Working knowledge of setting up and administering UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems
• Working knowledge of setting up and administering WINDOWS Operating Systems
• Creates / updates / manages User Account’s Roles and services
• Basic hands-on experience troubleshooting IT Server/Desktop environments
• Capable of updating/revising technical documentation related to System Administration procedures using MS Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Access)
• Proficient written and communication skills. Quick thinker, fast learner/Proactive, problem solver, creative, critical thinking skills. Develops solutions to assigned technical problems of limited scope
• Familiarity with AF Distributed Common Ground Systems (AF DCGS) is a plus
• Current IT industry certification for administering Windows and/or Unix/Linux/Red Hat Operating Systems is a plus
• Basic working knowledge of Networking technologies (routing, switching)
• Basic knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN)
• Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Knowledge of Server virtualization (Windows/UNIX/LINUX)
• Understanding of Multi-level workstation security solutions
• experience working in an agile environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.