Lockheed Martin System Requirements Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Global Positioning System (GPS) program is seeking a System Requirements Engineer to join the Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) team focusing on requirements and verification for design/production mods. Your primary responsibility will be to support defining/decomposing system level requirements, oversee interface definition, and execution of verification processes. You will be an integral part of the team, tackling the following key responsibilities:
• Develop/analyze system level requirements and document/manage accordingly.
• Draft, review, and release specifications, program plans, and other products in support of design reviews and contract deliverables.
• Support the execution of GPS major review campaigns, for example by providing coordination, product reviews, and objective evidence for events such as Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Mission Success Critical Systems Review, and Hardware Acceptance Reviews.
• Contribute to product selloff by generating verification evidence, authoring test reports, and supporting end item data package development.
• Organize/coordinate system level technical reviews.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates strong communication skills (both oral & written) to support regular presentations and documentation needs. You are someone with strong interpersonal, relationship, and team building skills.
Typically has a Bachelors degree and 2 - 5 years of professional experience or a Masters and 0 - 3 years.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in Systems, Aeronautical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of Systems Engineering (e.g., program planning, requirements development, systems test planning/execution, requirements analysis and verification, integration, etc.)
• Active DoD Secret Security clearance
• Demonstrated experience with Spacecraft Systems Engineering at the Vehicle or Subsystem level
• Experience in requirements management spanning development, definition, analysis and/or verification
• Experience with IBM Rational DOORS
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.