Lockheed Martin System Safety Engineer Staff (mid-career) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, be a part of our System Safety Engineering team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. We are inspired by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career level System Safety professional who wants to join our mission. What will an average day involve?
• You will design safety into hardware and software products -- and that controls are incorporated and remain effective - assuring compliance to requirements
• You will ensure that residual risks are identified, accepted, and documented
• Ensure that deliverables meet and contractual requirements
• You’ll prepare presentations and participate in Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Program Management Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and various working groups
• Review and approve test procedures for alignment to System requirements
• You will provide oversight of assembly, integration and test operations for end-item hardware development
• Additionally, you will participate in incident investigations
Our employees who work in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelors degree in an Engineering or scientific discipline
• Knowledge/experience in Systems Safety Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related scientific field
• Ability to perform hazard analysis
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must be able to work occasional overtime in support of weekend and off-hour activities
• Ability to travel as required
• Must be a United States citizen
• Able to obtain TS/SCI security
• 7-9 years of experience in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related scientific field
• Active TS/SCI
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of System Safety design and operations principles to include experience with hazard identification, analysis, risk mitigation and associated deliverable documentation
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Resourcefulness, creativity, and the ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects under minimal supervision
• Must be able to interface with Customer and Program Management
• Demonstrated ability in developing technical baseline for System efforts and identifying critical hardware & software
• Basic understanding of MIL-STD-882 and demonstrated knowledge supporting full program life cycle System products and analyses
• Working knowledge of requirements derivation/flow down
• Knowledge of incident investigations and root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
• Experience performing Functional Failure Modes and Effects Analyses
• Familiarity with spacecraft Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) activities and launch vehicle/ground system integration processes.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.