Lockheed Martin Systems Architect in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a bright future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a Systems Engineer , you will:
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions; this may include:
a. Establishing system architecture and CONOPS
b. Performing system trades and analysis
c. Flowing down the architecture and CONOPS into requirements and interfaces
d. Supporting verification planning
- Have excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure stakeholder consensus and understanding of solutions
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- System architecture and CONOPS development
- Experience in the engineering development phase for an aircraft, missile or space system
- Leading technical teams
- Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Missile system development
- Working on a US Government program
- Experience working through the full life cycle phases of a program
- Multiple Systems Engineering functions, including:
• System modeling
• Trade studies
• System architecture development
• Requirements and ICD development
• System Integration, Test and Verification
• Design review leadership
- Proficiency in the following engineering tools:
• Rhapsody / Magic Draw
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.