Lockheed Martin Systems Architect in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Looking beyond traditional platform centric solutions, the Advanced Program Development (APD) team is creating the future end to end solutions focused on delivering time critical, tactically controlled space effects in a multi-domain environment key to US government and coalition partner’s customers. By looking at the gaps and needs of our customers differently, we apply and develop new business models and end-to-end (E2E) technical solution through agile and lean approaches to position LM Space to win new business and execute fast–paced flight demonstrations of advanced capabilities. The APD team is seeking a Systems Engineer ready to chip in to the fast-paced efforts of multiple new programs and follow-on projects (domestic and international) currently underway. The individual will have the ability and desire to drive new approaches and innovations across the product life cycle (early concept definition to flight segment on-orbit test, operations and ground segment integration). You need to be able to thrive and be a self-starter in a multi-tasking, multiple project advanced programs environment.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Conducting system design reviews and technical exchange meetings with the customer.
• Leading requirements definition and verification efforts across the system including direct engagement with other industry teammates
• Managing the program Risk Registrar. The Risk Board requiring cross program technical and Program Manager engagement to develop effective risk and risk mitigation strategies
• Preparing change proposals and responding to customer fact finding questions
• Developing and measuring system measures of effectiveness and measures of performance for end-to-end architecture solutions for ASI (Air Space Integration) application
• Resolving technical conflicts and creating effective solutions integrating across programs and other LM business areas to include direct interaction with LM Aero joint project teams
• Preparing competitive proposals and responding to customer fact finding questions
• Leading projects with budget and schedule responsibility including managing subcontractor performance
• Collaborating across the LM Space enterprise, other LM Business Areas, LM international, and Corporate Engineering & Technology to formulate advanced architecture solutions by contributing briefing materials for management, associate, customer and other external stakeholder engagements.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Active Top-Secret clearance
• Expertise in formulating and performing required end-to-end architecture analysis, trade studies, requirements definition & allocation
• Experience preparing subsystem design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
• Experience performing operations analysis to create OV-1: High Level Operational Concept results
• Experience with integration and flight test planning and execution
• Experience working in cross Business Area programs with coordination across multiple LM sites
• Master of Science in an Engineering Discipline
• Needs to be able to function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ability to translate end-user experience into systems capabilities and develop requirements through analysis
• Familiarity with LM Aero ADP and LM Space cooperative projects
• Expertise in Risk and Opportunity Management
• Hands on advanced design, fabrication, and test of aerospace flight equipment experience and lessons learned
• Expertise in proposal development to include win theme development, BOE generation, section authorship, review teams
• Experience/familiarity in developing Open Mission Systems that comply and UAS Command and Control Initiative (OMS /UCI) standards supporting Air Space Integration
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.