Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Associate in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Systems Engineer at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? You will contribute and grow your knowledge and understanding of Real Time Operations, by performing a technical assignment for multiple spacecraft missions, as your primary function. You will also grow your knowledge of Systems Engineering, by performing a technical assignment for Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, as your secondary function.
As a Real-Time Operator , your responsibilities will consist of:
• Commanding each of our spacecraft (Mars Odyssey, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Juno, MAVEN, OSIRIS-REx, InSIGHT, and upcoming future missions)
• Coordinating with the Deep Space Network to ensure uplink and downlink is received properly
• Interacting with the flight team
• Monitoring spacecraft health and safety data
• Support anomaly response, on-call for a portion of time each month
• Will be empowered to take responsibility for work you're doing and associated contributions towards the success of each mission.
As a Systems Engineer , your function will include:
• Preparing and coordinating spacecraft events, such as day to day operations, critical operations and other exceptional events.
• Knowledge of interplanetary spacecraft operations is desired.
• Interacting with the entire flight team while coordinating procedures and up-linking products.
• Will be empowered to take responsibility for work you're doing and associated contributions towards the success of the mission.
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in engineering, math, software, physics or a related degree.
• Basic knowledge of Linux or Unix operating environment.
• Aerospace or computer science degree.
• Basic understanding of spacecraft subsystems and operations.
• Experience developing and using procedural documents.
• Understanding of software product configuration management concepts and tools.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.