Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Senior Mechanical in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new paradigm in space, Lockheed Martin Space Protection Programs is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the nation’s hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus for you to accomplish incredible things on rapid timelines. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will work on the development of first-of-a-kind satellite system technologies for Space Protection Programs. You will participate in all aspects of new satellite product life-cycles, including: requirements definition, system design, component manufacturing, system testing, and on-orbit demonstrations. This position will directly impact the history of space and will require your dedicated commitment and ability to push technological boundaries.
• Perform system architecture, integration, and test functions for spacecraft mechanical systems.
• Transition low TRL technologies into delivered products for flight demonstrations
• Work with other engineering disciplines to deliver mission critical end to end solutions.
• Develop and release mechanical systems engineering documentation
• Prepare for and participate in major customer reviews: i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, PSR, etc.
• Support and lead problem investigations to determine the root cause / corrective actions to ensure the readiness, reliability, and safety of delivered systems
Desired Skills: • Experience with at least one full engineering program lifecycle
• Basic understanding of all spacecraft subsystems (e.g. avionics, propulsion, communications, guidance and control, etc.)
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Satellite ]design and/or program experience a plus
• Manufacturing and/or testing experience
• Small Satellite experience a plus
• Hands on hardware build and testing a plus
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineer (Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical, or closely related field) combined with relevant work experience
• Mechanical systems experience (e.g., structures, mechanisms, thermal, etc.)
• Experience preparing and presenting at formal design reviews
• Demonstrated ability to work with subcontractors
• Experience with development of system requirements
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.