Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Spacecraft in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done. So become a Lockheed Martin Space Systems Engineer. You are meant to benefit humanity.
The SPP Spacecraft Systems Engineer supports the space segment manager in the development and flowdown of requirements, evaluation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), technical and Basis of Estimate (BOE) write-ups for program proposals, Engineering Review Board assessments, and milestone preparations. This Systems Engineer will also act as the liaison to the Program-level Systems Engineering team.
The Systems Engineer supports analyses and solution identification for development and integration of key technical discriminators within the mission area, with a special emphasis on technology insertions on near-term projects.
The Systems Engineer will also have routine Customer contact and should have effective communications and organizational skills.
Skills for this position include: TS/SCI security clearance, MATLAB/Simulink, systems engineering, architecture, space systems, EVM, CONOPs, agile, business development, and simulations.
• Systems Engineering or program management leadership experience (i.e., leading projects, teams, etc.)
• Space technology or spacecraft design, development or operations experience
• DoD or Intel Community customer experience
• Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering, computer, science, mathematics, or closely-related field
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
• 12+ years of related work experience
• Effective communication with senior leadership, management, customer, or wider stakeholder audiences
• Familiarity with cyber security or information assurance
• Customer community experience
• TS/SCI w/Poly clearance
• Systems Engineering, with emphasis on the development of system architectures, CONOPs, requirements, key metrics, fault management, and program schedules and cost estimates
• Spacecraft operations or development experience
• Earned Value Management (EVM), Agile Systems Engineering and/or Software Development processes
• Leading teams in the identification of technology gaps, translating them into requirements, developing associated technology roadmaps and investment plans and overseeing their implementation to effectively address emerging needs while increasing mission solution affordability
• Master's degree in relevant engineering, computer, science, or mathematics field
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.