Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Stf - Satellite Operations in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• You will be expected to lead development of spacecraft operational solutions for a variety of systems engineering problems, perform in a team environment, and work under the general direction of a group leader.
• You will lead subsystem working groups, maintain cognizance of vehicle and mission status, and be responsible for reporting status to leadership.
• You will collaborate with internal customers and mission teammates to understand external customer or user needs, and define the resources, deliverables, and testing necessary to satisfy system (both vehicle and ground-to-space) requirements. These deliverables will include development of plans for mission contingencies and alternate operating concepts that create robust and optimized solutions to sustain mission longevity.
• You will be expected to define the scope of systems engineering tasks and provide input to the task completion schedule and cost.
• You will apply systems engineering concepts to accomplish tasks that include assessing risk, cost/benefit trade studies, and evaluating the impact of mission changes.
• You will be expected to provide 24/7 recall support to anomaly response and apply systems engineering rigor to anomaly resolution. Customer satisfaction and mission success will be your daily top goal.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to retain access to classified information.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 2 years of experience in satellite operations
• Able to effectively identify issues, measure risk, problem solve, and deliver the best system solution.
• Demonstrated ability in performing complex system trades and analysis.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
• Some occasional travel and off-hours support required (< 5% for each)
• Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance
• 2 years of spacecraft on-orbit operations experience for the BRIDGE program
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of these disciplines: Contingency Architecture, Risk Management, Peer Reviews, Project Management, CONOPS development, Mission Planning, Mission Analysis, STK, or Oracle database.
• On-orbit operational knowledge in either of the following spacecraft subsystems: Vehicle Flight Software, Attitude Determination.
• Proficient in the use of Fortran, Assembly, or similar computer languages.
• Able to interface with multiple internal and external peers/counterparts.
• Self-motivated with exceptional work habits consisting of: the ability to build effective relationships with team members and enable consensus from multiple inputs, strong communications and interpersonal skills, effective technical writing and oral presentations, and the ability to properly prioritize, status, and accomplish multiple tasks in parallel.
• Willing to take the leadership role for specific assigned projects and guide small teams.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement mission innovations, and exploit contract renewal or growth opportunities.
• A Bachelors in an engineering discipline related to satellite operations (e.g., Software, Systems Engineering) with 5 years of systems engineering or 3 years of experience with a Masters degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.